*Price includes 10% VAT with Tax Invoice
*Official Warranty From Our Distributors
*Stock Conditions Must Be Confirmed First
*We Only Sell New Items
*Secure shopping without fraud
*For Other Types Not In Our House, You Can Be Asked By Contacting WA. 085330497440
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Rack Server
Maximize application performance with the optimal mix of accelerator cards, storage and compute power in a 2U, 2-socket platform optimized for VDI.
Accelerate your applications
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Private cloud
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.*
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.*
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%*with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Info Tech Specs & Customization Support
Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS Citrix® XenServer®
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi
Optional LCD or Security bezel
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional Cryptographically signed firmware
Front drive bays:
Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA/SSD, max 60TB
Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA, max 96TB
24 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, speeds up to 2666, 3TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 192 GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
>> Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
>> OpenManage Integrations
Microsoft® System Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
>> OpenManage Connections
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
>> Network daughter card options:
4 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE + 2 x 1GE or 4 x 10GE or 2 x 25GE
>> Front ports:
Video, 2 x USB 2.0, available USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC
>> Direct Micro-USB Rear ports:
Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
>> Video card:
Up to 8 x Gen3 slots, Up to 4 x16
Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, and 2000W
48VDC 1100W, 380HVDC 1100W, 240HVDC 750W (China/Japan)
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy. Up to 6 hot plugs fans with full redundancy.
>> Internal controllers:
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
>> Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem:
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240GB
>> External PERC (RAID):
>> 12Gbps SAS HBAs (non-RAID):
External- 12Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID)
Internal- HBA330 (non-RAID)
>> Accelerator options:
Up to three 300W or six 150W GPUs or up to four FPGAs.
Nvidia Tesla P100, K80, K40, Grid M60, M10, P4, Quadro P4000, NVIDIA V100, or Intel Arria® 10GX FPGA